The international meeting ATLETICAGENEVE is organised by the steering committee of the association ATLETICAGENEVE (*), created in 2018.
(Extract from the Statutes, Art. 2)
Its goals are as follows:
- Organise an athletic meeting of international scope and do so within the framework of recognized sports bodies such as the Geneva Athletics Association (AGA) and the Swiss Athletics Federation (Swiss-Athletics).
- Promote competitive sport resolutely oriented without doping or any other method that may modify the performance, the result or the classification and in a context of fair play in perfect agreement with the code of conduct of the European Athletics Promotion (EAP) circuit and World Athletics (WA, previously: IAAF).
- Promote athletics in accordance with the regulations of the EAP circuit of which it is a co-founder.
- Organise, where appropriate, other sporting events in accordance with the same sporting principles and objectives of promoting athletics.
- The association is made up of the current organizing committee, founding members as well as supporting members. Volunteers who work to achieve the goals of the association can apply for membership.
Learn nore about the organising committee.
(*) The international meeting ATLETICAGENEVE was formerly organised by a committee under the responsibility of the historical club CAG (Centre Athlétique de Genève), since 1987.
The CAG remains the priviledge organisational partner of the event.